Monday 17 March 2014

DIY mobile phone case

This is what my phone case looks currently. I got inspired to do this project by another phone case for Iphones which I found on etsy ( and my case was kind of yellowish so I had to change that)
Things I used:
Mobile phone case
Nail polishes in colours of your choice
Cello tape
(Glitter nail polish or glitter)


1. Take some cello tape and stick it onto the case in a V shape 
2. Paint on the first colour ( I found it easier to pour then spread ) and let it dry 10 minutes
3. Tear the cello tape off carefully and paint the "bare" rest in a different colour
4. Let it dry for at least 24 h
5. Take some cello tape and stick onto the lower colour in a v shape ( picture above)
6a. Apply glitter nail polish generously/ clear nail polish and then glitter 
6b. Apply third nail polish colour
7. Let everything dry remove cellotape and finish off with clear nail polish
8. Let it dry for another 24-48 hours
FYI:
I must admit that some nail polishes aren't suitable for this because they get sticky and don't dry properly. I just had this with low quality nail polishes. If you usually don't have any problems using that nail polish it should be fine.
xxx
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment