Thursday 24 April 2014

Japanese sweets: Meiji Watapatchi grape review

bought this wonderful package of japanese candy floss on ebay for around £1.50. 
The design was a little bit different from the image on the page but I guess that they've just changed the design of the packaging because they felt like.
The candy floss was fake-grape scented ( the very artificial flavour of grapes commonly used in sweets that should taste of grapes ). The consistency was soft, somewhat felty. 
It had layers of candy floss and purple sugar rocks with white stuff ( I couldn't identify what it was, but I think it was icing sugar) . It tasted of fake-grapes and the sugar rocks were really fizzy, slightly sour and were kind of exploding in my mouth. I could hear the popping noise in my brain , which was scary , yet funny.
Unfortunately the sugar rocks and the icing sugar kept on falling out of the candy floss.
I think it's defenitely worth trying this if you get the chance to.  
xxx
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment