Friday 25 April 2014

Swedish sweets: bakelse prinsess ( princess cake )

I found this interesting little thing in the food section of ikea after I finished buying some stuff. It just looked delicious so I had to buy and try it. They had it at the Ikea restaurant too, so if you want to try it, prior to buying it, this might help you decide.
One box contained 4 little frozen, fist-sized princess cakes in seperate plastic containers. They look exactly like on the packaging when frozen, but the ones I saw in the restaurant were kind of wet on the top as they were defrosted. 
I tried eating mine half frozen, half defrosted because the almond paste was getting sticky and only the cream was frozen hard. I was kind of impatient too...
The cake tastes very delicious when chilled as the cream tastes more like ice cream and the jam gives it a splash of fruity taste. What I like about this cake in particular is that each cake it is packed seperately and is 1 serving size, so that you can defrost one for yourself even if nobody's eating with you.
xxx
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment